Obtaining quantities like OLR and RSR from CRTM

I’m looking into the possibility of simulating GOES-16 radiances for a wide range of atmospheric conditions in order to train a regression using those radiances to predict quantities like OLR and RSR. It seems that CRTM is a great fit for simulating the radiances, but I’m unsure how to obtain broadband fluxes like OLR. Is there a good way to go about this? These quantities are approximately those measured by the CERES instrument, but I could not find that among the available sensors. Perhaps I can specify such sensor data myself?

Looking forward to hear your recommendations.

This is something I haven’t attempted before, but it seems that there is some literature on obtaining broadband OLR from e.g. AVHRR radiances:

Akkermans, T.; Clerbaux, N. Narrowband-to-Broadband Conversions for Top-of-Atmosphere Reflectance from the Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer (AVHRR). Remote Sens. 2020, 12, 305.

Please feel free to share your results here

Thanks for linking that paper. That is exactly what I would like to do. I have in fact done so already using collocated CERES and GOES-16 measurements, but I would like to compare this to the resulting regression when using radiative transfer simulations.