AOD Fortran IODA converter

Hi,

I tried to write a fortran code to convert VIIRS AOD to IODA following this fortran converter for GNSSRO obs. Please see the AOD NetCDF file, its header information and the subroutine of writing out this file in this link.

From the header information, it seems the generated NetCDF file complies with the IODA convention and structure. But when it was read by JEDI, it showed errors below. It seems related to the variable attributes. Could you help take a look and advise on what I may miss in the fortran code?
“”"
5728 Exception: source_column: 0
5729 source_filename: /scratch1/BMC/gsd-fv3-dev/MAPP_2018/bhuang/JEDI-2020/JEDI-FV3/expCodes/fv3-bundle/V20240115/fv3-bundle/ioda/src/engines/ioda/include/ioda/Attributes/Attribute.h
5730 source_function: Attribute_Implementation ioda::detail::Attribute_Base<Attribute_Implementation>::read(gsl::span) const [with DataType = std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator>; Marshaller = i oda::detail::Object_Accessor_Variable_Array_With_Data_Method<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::allocator>, char *>; TypeWrapper = ioda::Types::GetType_Wrapper<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits, std::a llocator>, 0>; Attribute_Implementation = ioda::Attribute]
5731 source_line: 267
“”"

Thanks very much!
Bo

Why do you need a fortran converter? The python converter functions fine and has been sped up more than a year ago. Have you tried it? If the converter in python doesn’t fit your requirements we need to know what need to be done to improve it. Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for sharing the information. Yes, I am aware there is a python converter for AOD. We have a Fortran code to convert VIRRS AOD to IODAV1. We may want to do some exercise in the future to play with VIIRS AOD and test its assimilation performance in JEDI. So I’d like to update our Fortran code to IODAV3 for our such exercise only. If we find something interesting, we may integrate it in the python converter later.

At this moment, it seems there is only a small piece missing or incorrect in my Fortran code. I was posting this question and hope to go get some help from this group.

Thanks very much.
Bo

If you really need support on this please integrate the fortran converter in the ioda converter in the JCSDA repositories or use the already existing python one and we can enhance it for you needs. As an in-kind you have the ability to do so. Thanks for your understanding.